Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Undeserving Pie

I can't say I'm surprised that Rupert Murdoch's News of the World was hacking into voice mails of royalty, celebrity and ...murder victims. However I was put a bit out of place today when I saw the video of 80 year old media power-player getting pied in the face during his hearing in Britain today. Although many of his controlled media outlets have conservative and extreme conservative stances, I was a little upset seeing him pied. I don't think of him as evil, but rather genius. He has transformed NewsCorps. into a competitive media conglomerate over the last few decades. If he is found guilty of "knowing" or authorizing such sleazy tactics within his media empire, my opinion of him will shift from negative to disgusting.
Yet, to pie an 80 year old man seems a little ridiculous. I'd rather see Rebekah Brooks get it. Unless other hacking scandals surface from other NewsCorps. media outlets, I don't believe Murdoch knew about the hacking dilemma at News of the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment