Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Appeal of Mila Kunis

A recent article from Politico revealed what every liberal had hoped: Mila Kunis is one of us. . . well at least an Obama supporter.

Politico:

Chin up Mr. President. The Sundance Kid may be rather disappointed in you but Mila Kunis still loves you. Yes, that Mila Kunis. From “Black Swan” and Marine Corps Ball viral video fame.
“I love Barack Obama, I voted for him and I will forever be proud of my vote," Kunis told the UK’s Stylist magazine.

The actress, 28, was promoting her new romcom, “Friends with Benefits,” but half the interview focused on politics. “How do you feel about the US debt crisis?” the interviewer asked. Not your typical Hollywood starlet question, but Kunis was happy to play ball.

“I think America is in a very temperamental state, and the decision that was made and the compromises made mean, in my opinion, that people are going to pay for a very long time,” said the actress.

Then she gave a nod to Obama for his efforts: “I know that he [Obama] tried. I know because you keep reading these reports of him trying to compromise with the Tea Party and the Republican Party and trying to come to a 50/50 agreement. I don’t think it was one. I feel the Democratic Party compromised everything and the Republican Party compromised pretty much nothing.”

When the interviewer called many young people “politically unaware,” Kunis agreed and said, “you are given such an amazing opportunity with so much information. Why is no-one taking advantage of it? You don’t have to watch Fox News or CNN or MSNBC; you don’t have to be part of a political party, you could just read.”

She chided the younger generation for not reading books, the news, the paper, and then zoned in on “Middle America.” “So obviously you are incredibly ill-informed to the point where they will go do these tests in Middle America… And they’ll ask, ‘OK, what party are you?’ And they’ll say, ‘Republican.’ ‘Why?’ And they can’t even tell you. They have no idea what the Republican Party stands for. Why did I vote for Obama? I can tell you why I voted for him, what I agreed and disagreed with him on, for hours.”

Her advice for the youth of today: “Whoever you vote for, don’t do it just because. And don’t tell me it’s because of religion either because that whole thing is knocked completely out the window. So you better just educate yourself.”-


Wow. Thank you Mila. You hit it right on the head. Growing up in the mid-west, this is what I dealt with every day. "Ill informed"...or simply brainwashed by their parents to the point of no return. Yes, Mila Kunis is an incredibly talented and extremely attractive actress, however the main reason I posted this is because she sums up the stupidity of so many people in my native region of our country. Obviously there are the few who stand out and know what the GOP stands for, but a majority that I know and knew, don't.

The BEST part of Mila Kunis being an Obama supporter is watching the scrubs at Big Hollywood scramble and become at a loss for words over this news....Why? Because awhile back, Kunis accepted an invitation to a military ball --- which is really cool and respectable for notable actress. During this time, the right-wingers at Big Hollywood convinced themselves that Kunis was a....wait for it....Hollywood conservative because she supported the military. Well, most liberals support or have some amount of support for our military. What the majority of liberals don't support is war. It is so fun watching Big Hollywood hang its head in defeat and then lashing out at her, for her views. They wanted to add her to the list of "hot" female republicans.

I hope to see more interviews by Mila Kunis about her support of President Obama and the ignorance of the GOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment