Monday, September 12, 2011

Never Forget

September 11, 2001 seems like yesterday. At least I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was at an age where I understood what was happening. At the time, our teachers didn't inform us of the events. I remember, the kids whose parents served in the National Guard came in over the lunch period and hugged their children....not knowing where they would be sent or when they'd be back. When I got home from school, I turned on the television and was horrifically mesmorized. For the next three hours I watched CNN recount the events.
Six years later, I got the opportunity to go to New York City and visit the World Trade Center site. It was an eerie place. We got a tour of the area and outside of the site. Some of the surrounding buildings were still being renovated and badly damaged. Teeth and bone fragments were still being found in the surrounding buildings.
My  stomach still aches at the thought.

Today, I watched many shows depicting those events. I will never forget where I was. No one will.
Ten years ago our country was forever changed. However, it united us and made us come together and be proud of who we are as Americans. God bless the victims, the first responders, and America.
Never Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment